Being a bookseller and book addict means I have way too many books on my to-read pile. I normally have one stack next to my bed and make that a priority, especially if there are review books or ones that I need to read for work. Here's what's on there at the moment though.
- The Storm (Virginia Bergin) - The second part of an amazing series that I read last year. Ruby is a girl stranded in the middle of an apocalypse, she's not to go out in the rain or it will kill her. But you need to find a way to survive and this is the next chapter in her story. I'm so excited for this book. It's been on my to-read pile for a while as I've had so many other things to read, but It's definitely next on the list.
- Under My Skin (James Dawson) - I have to admit I'm new to James Dawson and his amazing writing skills. This book tells the tale of Sally, a girl who doesn't realise that a tattoo isn't the only thing that can get really get under your skin. I read his book "Say Her Name" and absolutely adored it so I can't wait to jump on this one.
- Asking For It (Louise O'Neill) - This dropped into my lap this week and I am so so excited to dive into it. Many of you know I was a massive fan of her first book "Only Ever Yours" and this follows a similar dark turn into the way society perceives everyone. I can guarantee you a review will be up before the September release!
- The Rest Of Us Just Live Here (Patrick Ness) - Patrick Ness is an amazing writer, winning every kids book award you can think of. Mikey is a boy who just want's to graduate and go to prom before someone blows up the high school again. But there's something bigger going on. The end of the world is this week and if you aren't chosen then no-one knows what will happen. I am really looking forward to this one.
- We Are All Made Of Molecules (Susin Nielsen) - Stewart is a geeky, socially awkward guy who's mum has passed away. Ashley is cool and popular but failing school, her dad has left them. But their worlds collide when their parents get together. This one seems like such a great funny tale about a slightly dysfunctional family. Something I can't wait to read.
So that's what's on my list, what's on yours?